Can we talk about Freckled Fawn's pouches?!
Like, I have a ka-jillion of them! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, mind you, but I wanted to utilize them a bit more since I have so many.
So, I made this gusseted pen, pencil and post-it pouch!
What is a gusset? If you look on any bag that tends to stand up on it's own, it's that extra triangle piece in the corner that give the back some dimension rather than flat.That way when you are trying to pack more than a piece of paper, it can hold washi tape, stamp pads and a whole lot of pens. Plus when you are at, say, Starbucks and take it with you, it stays open and upright for easy grabbing of all your essentials.
Here is how you can transform yours!
- Turn the pouch inside out
- With a sewing machine and matching thread, sew 2.5 inches from the bottom of the pouch
- Trim off the extra pouch below the sewing line leaving at least .25 inches
- Line up the side seam and the bottom seam and flatten down the pouch. It should resemble a triangle
- Sew 1.25 inches down, across the tip of the triangle and trim extra pouch off , again, leaving .25 inch seam allowance
- Repeat for other corner
- Turn right side out and fill to your hearts desire
Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!