As I posted here, I make my holiday cards every year and they are all textile related. This year, I deceided to use up some white buttons from the stash to make snowmen.
- To add some interest, I used to pieces of different colored paper. Cut the inner card 5 1/2 x 8 inches, and outer card 4 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches.
- Fold each in half and nestle together.
- Punch 2 holes on the fold line through both cards.
- Thread ribbon through holes, tie in bow and trim ends.
- To make snowmen, center three buttons on card using Welbond non-toxic superglue.
- Add a ribbon scarf using same glue. Mine were 2.5 inches then folded in half.
- Top hat was put together in two parts: 1/4 x 1 inch strip of paper with a 3/4 inch square on top. Adhered with a regular glue stick!
- Face and "3 dots" were made with the tiniest dots of puffy paint.
- Let dry for 4-6 hrs
|Assembly line process works best!|
This idea was adapted from Martha Stewart Living