Clique Kits | the Devil is in the Details


Pocket pages are supposed to be simple; put a piece of paper in a plastic pocket with some photos and writing and you're done.  While the overall project would get done and done quicker, would it get done so that I would like it in the end?  



For me the Devil is in the Details. The letter stickers, fussy cut heart from one of the 6 x 6 papers and ephemera flag work together to create a corner of happiness in this layout.



I used the packaging from the Elle Studio ephemera pack and turned up the corner on this card. A large print, small print and stripe are always a winning combination.
  


This card I decided to fringe this paper a bit thinking the pocket page could use a little texture. I know it would not be at it's full potential since it will be placed in the pocket but it really will make a difference in the long run.



Using the cut aparts to journal on the picture, which is mounted on a 'little moments" paper, is quick way to add a specific thought to a picture.  Attaching it with stamps adds another layer of love!


Honestly, I have never used completely clear acrylic die cuts. As for the ones from JellyBean Soup included in the kit,  I added a special touch to it to make them sparkle! (I'd love to spill the beans but I'll show you how I did that on June 2nd!)




Finally adding something bold, like the family sticker to draw you eye to the picture below, is always a favorite trick of mine!  Now, try imagining this layout with 5 plain pieces of paper.  See?!

I totally appreciate you stopping by. Until next time....
xoxoxoxo
-Kim


1 comment:

  1. Fab page, Kim, the little touches of the fringe cut paper and the dimensional embellishments really make your page stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your time is valuable and I appreciate it! Suggestions or candid comments are always welcome. Have a great day!